What is a standard SEO article?
– What are the steps in the process of writing standard SEO articles?
– List all the steps to the checklist to write standard SEO articles
Certainly, with SEOers more or less, it has to be a couple of times to be asked questions like this, let alone the new member entering the SEO profession. Asking is simple like that, but if you present it, it will take “that long” from 30 minutes to 1 hour? Alla had to thoroughly answer the above questions with the following article (written in 6 hours). Believe me, after reading the article, you will say: that’s exactly what you need when implementing a standard SEO article – enough, standard.
What is the SEO standard article?
“What is the standard SEO lesson?” This is exactly a popular concept of SEOs, especially the Onpage SEO school is interested in.
A good article to top Google, in addition to providing useful elements, it is necessary to follow technical rules that help Google quickly identify the content and bring it to the searcher.
But remember: To be able to please your search engines and potential customers, you don’t just stop at optimizing SEO, but also create high-value articles for your users, keep them on the website for a long time, prompting them to act on the page.
When Google is increasingly fastidious with “excessive SEO tactics”, especially creating unnatural backlinks after Google updated Penguin in realtime. Maybe this is bad news for the SEO school that focuses on the backlink method, but it is a good sign for those who follow the overall SEO school focusing on content.
If the Design of a standard SEO website (including website structure and optimization of website techniques – on-page) is the foundation, Content SEO is the flesh. So how can you write good content that is liked by potential customers but makes it easy for Google to read and understand? In the next section, I will help you achieve that realm.
First of all, we need to unify the standard SEO article writing process including what steps.
The process of writing standard SEO articles
To start writing a standard SEO article, Content SEOists will begin to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Identify your primary keyword and secondary keyword (part a)
- Step 2: Search for materials (usually about 3-5 articles of content, images, videos)
- Step 3: Build an SEO post structure (article layout) in a unique, new, and non-duplicate way (part b)
- Step 4: Write the article (part c + d)
- Step 5: Re-read, edit, and post (part e)
- Step 6: Advanced Test (part f)
Checklist when writing SEO articles
1. Valuable posts, not copy
Create your own quality content. You can consult competitors and a variety of sources of information. If you do not want to be penalized by Google Panda, you absolutely do not copy content.
To check if the article is copied or not you can use through tools such as:
- Or SmallSeoTool
When writing SEO standard articles, you need to clearly define the thought: writing SEO standards is not enough, but also writing valuable content to users, not giving false information, having clear and accurate information. real.
2. Make a first impression with content and images
If you are better, you can impress with only text, but you need to hit insight and hit the pain of customers. If your title is unattractive, no one will read your post.
And if your headline is compelling enough but the first two lines don’t appeal, most customers won’t read more. So instead of rambling into writing, invest 70-80% enthusiasm for the headline and first part of the content.
3. The main keyword is located in Tittle and Meta Description
- Tittle 55-65 characters long, the 2nd highest search volume main keyword phrase at the top of the title, repeat no more than 2 times
- The Meta Description is 150-160 characters long, the main keyword phrase should not be repeated more than 3 times
- When Google index the results, you should manually search and see if Tittle as well as Description is currently complete or cut off to actively edit accordingly.
4. Add sub-keywords, popular keywords to Tittle, Description like Hanoi, cheap, genuine, …
5. Url optimization
- The URL should contain the main keyword (with the highest number of searches, the shorter the better).
- Apply 301 redirect old URL to new URL if want to change the URL
6. Optimize H1 tags for headlines and H2, H3 for subheadings
The heading is the headings in 1 Page, with an article, Heading is the title in the post (just like when you are editing in Word). Heading helps Google understand the main points in the article, which is also a way for readers to recognize the main paragraphs. Thus can understand:
- Heading 3 will contribute to reinforcing the content for heading 2.
- Heading 2 contributes to heading 1 together.
You need to remember clearly that the Heading tag is only used with “headers”, not “paragraphs”.
6.1. Optimized H1 tag
- Title and H1 should not be the same
- H1 contains up to 70 characters
- The H1 should contain the 3rd highest search volume and the keyword should be at the top of the H1 line.
6.2. Optimal subheading (H2, H4, H4)
- Use subheading to clarify the meaning of the article
- Google will look at H1, H2 to quickly grasp the content of the article, so H2 should appear the main keywords, sub keywords.
7. Optimize keywords in the content
Currently, there are 3 main ways for you to put keywords in articles:
- Method 1: Keyword stuffing. This approach is quite common and is used by most of us. The main keyword density of about 3% is appropriate. However, this way can make Google understand the article, but cause inhibition for users.
- Method 2, 3: Use a synonym or a bunch of related keywords by topic.
With the trend of the following years, Google is smart enough to read and understand the content of your article through the knowledge in that article, not just through keywords. So, instead of stuffing keywords mechanically, you should look for synonyms or related keywords in your article.
8. Optimize the opening paragraph
- The introduction should be short (under 155 words) to show the main content of the article you are referring to
- The main keyword that needs SEO should appear in the first 100 words most naturally
- How to write engaging readers: Should start with a question and leave the body as an answer and explain why this article is important and why you are sharing
9. Optimize the ending
The end of the article should be encapsulated in 80-150 words.
To know a standard SEO result that is still attractive to users, you should adhere to factors such as:
- Ask the user if he liked the article?
- Re-emphasize the importance of your writing
- Summarize the main content of the article just mentioned
- Have a CTA (call to action) calling for users to share their thoughts in the comments section or share articles on social networking sites.
- The most natural way to insert the main keyword in the first 100 words of the ending
- Additional sources of reference if any
10. Optimize images
Images are the user’s search trend at the present time, in the future and still favored by Google. If you successfully SEO your images, then this is also one of the ways to pull in significantly more traffic for your website.
To optimize SEO standard images you should comply with:
- Select the .jpg image extension and use the unsigned keyword to name the image when uploading to the web
- Image size: Features image is 1200×628 pixels and inserted image is 600x400pixels
- Center images in posts and write captions to all images inserted in posts
- Each post should have at least one unique branded image. Absolutely not take pictures of competitors
- The number of images in the post depends on the length of the post. Usually, around 250 words should have 1 illustration image
- The sharper the image quality, the better
Checklist after writing
11. Use External Link
It is a fact that not many SEOs want to put out links to other websites to avoid losing Pagerank. However, you should still have 1-2 outbound links to reputable websites. This is how you tell Google that your content has reputable sources.
12. Use Internal Link
Internal Link is very important. Look for content in the article that is not clear, then lead to your further articles on the website about that content.
- Use as many internal links as possible. At least 3 internal links
- Links should be in the post such as links to other articles, links to home pages, links to directories, links to tags
Note that keywords should be present in the External Link and Internal link
13. Optimize CTR
CTR is the clickthrough rate of customer searching, helping Google find more relevant results for customers.
This depends a lot on your title (Tittle) and Meta description.
How to write an engaging title?
The trick is to include a word of positive or negative emotion in the title.
For example, I have an article on the main topic/keyword: SEO tips.
Initially, I’ll write: 75 effective SEO tips in 2019
Actually, this isn’t a bad title either, but if I add some words to describe the emotions like:
- 75 SEO tips that are amazingly effective in 2019
- Tip: 75 excellent effective SEO tips in 2019
- Amazing: 75 breakthrough SEO tips in 2019
You see, just adding a little emotional spice can make the title of your article attractive, stimulating users to click “crazy” already.
14. Check the main keyword density 1% -5%
You can use SEO QUAKE to see Densty’s primary keyword density right from the Chrom or firefox browser.
The results show that the main keyword density of about 3% is the best.
Checklist after posting
15. Read the entire content again, check all errors
The most common errors are:
- Spelling mistakes
- The presentation of paragraphs, line breaks is easy to read
- Use more tags butles, bold, italic, …
16. Submit Website directly in Google Webmaster Tools
After the article is published on the website, you need to use the Google index function to directly submit new content to Google, asking Google to quickly index (record and store data), avoid the article being copied. and becomes “the poster after – reluctant copyist”
17. Create a backlink for the article
18. No duplicate keyword pages
If you already have a page that has implemented with that keyword, it means that Google will understand that you are duplicating the content, which is not good at all.
Each main keyword should only be used for 1 Page SEO, so right after posting, carefully check the content to avoid duplication beforehand.
19. Check Thumbnails when sharing photos on Facebook
It’s very easy to get a lot of traffic from Facebook. So right after posting on the web you share the article on Facebook and check it carefully lest its profile picture will be this bad. You can use Facebook’s tools to check and fix errors carefully
20. Use/create comments for posts
21. Add related posts
Advanced checklist for professional SEO
22. Optimize the “Social button”
You should have a prominent call to like, share comment button
In addition, you can add icons and badges of Facebook Page, Google Plus Page, Twitter Page, … to the website so that users can easily share them on social networks.
22. Longer content is more likely to rank better
According to the statistics of the SEO Guru around the world, articles with content length 700, 1,000, and 2,000 words will have the ability to rank higher on Google search results. The ideal post length should be 1,700 words if you are able to provide a great deal of useful information, write long!
23. Reduce bounce rate (Bouncer Rate)
If you have customers clicking on the article but they do not move to see more content on the website is a sign that Google thinks they do not like your content. It is not good at all!
And to keep customers from staying on the page longer, engaging more, you can do some of the following:
- First, get customers to read the content you are planning to publish. The opening of the article is very attractive, accurately hitting the pain and insight of the user
- The article needs to put a lot of useful internal links, like them to click to learn more and deeper.
- Related articles appear after the introduction, in the middle of the article, below the article, … even appear on the left, right side of the article … this will make customers want to read. more.
24. Create an article link from the home page and side menu
- A term that is circulating in the SEO world is this: if you have important content that needs SEO, you should always put it on the main menu of the page or the side menu.
- Conveniently linked content on the homepage is a way for you to tell Google that this is very important content.
25. Spend 80% of the time-sharing content on Facebook, Adwords, Forum, Email
- Traffic is very important in SEO if the article you just publish will be very difficult to TOP immediately. If you work hard to pull traffic from other sources, it will be a way to make Google review your articles fast.
- However, be careful, only looking for the source of traffic that is the target customer and meets their needs. Avoid sharing to uninteresting groups, as bounce rate and time to read will be very bad, and will cause Google to rate your content badly.
- Should share articles at good sources such as email list of old customers, email of loyal readers, Facebook target ads for the right audience, Google ads targeting the right keywords, share articles on forums and groups The community Facebook has a large number of potential customers.
26. Optimized for Mobile and fast loading speed with Google tools
- Your website needs to be friendly to Google, when users access the article, the page loading speed needs to be fast and smooth.
- If you are more careful, right after publishing, try reading your article on mobile to see if there are any errors to fix.
27. Data check and correction
After posting your content, you should track traffic, time to read, and bounce rate on Google Analytics to understand whether customers are interested in your content. You need to understand whether your customers are interested in your content.
From there, there will be a suitable editing strategy
28. Periodic content editing
Google still goes back and reads old content, so let Google know that you regularly update past published content, providing new, more trending knowledge.
29.The pinnacle of SEO is not SEO
Our advice for publishers and webmasters is to always focus on providing the best user experience, rather than far from Google’s algorithm and ranking predictions.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you can remember all the things you need to do when making a standard SEO article in the “blood-infusing” style. It is not happy for SEOs who are new to the profession and are forced to check the list of all the steps above.